Video is no longer a nice add-on for e-commerce– Internet website video is now a must-have for e-businesses concerned with SEO (search-engine optimization), conversion rates, and brand identification—essentially any company with an online presence and intent to succeed.
The professional Birmingham, Alabama video production company Vulcan Media has answered the ‘Why’ behind website video as a smart business practice:
1. Video makes your Web site sticky. Videos provide a dynamic, interactive experience for site visitors. By using videos, e-businesses can highlight promotions, provide tutorials, and show customers how products operate. The engaging nature of video encourages users to spend more time on a page, thereby increasing stickiness and ad revenues.
2. Interactive videos help you “upsell.” Videos can convey more essential data in a shorter time. The viewer does not have to read long texts or jump between pages. Instead, he or she gets “fed” exactly the data you want to deliver. That’s not to say that video makes the user passive, however. Videos with clickable links direct users to appropriate pages in the website or to other video selections, providing additional opportunities for you to cross-sell and upsell.
3. Videos drive traffic. Search engines now offer video as part of integrated search results. With proper SEO, videos can drive traffic that might otherwise be directed elsewhere to your website instead.
4. It’s Emotional – A video demonstrating how a product works along with customer testimonials would provide solid evidence that the product can indeed solve a particular problem. It sets off emotional triggers that static text cannot, ultimately influencing buying decisions.
5. It’s Versatile – A video which has been produced for your website can be repurposed elsewhere. The cost can be leveraged by distributing the video offline on DVD as a general sales tool.
Vulcan Media is the professional Birmingham video production company specializing in Internet website video, corporate video, marketing video, YouTube video, Facebook video, television commercials and much more. Visit www.VulcanMediaTeam.com to learn more and see our video production work.